Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas at our house

I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas! I did! We had an amazing Christmas eve and Christmas day, not to mention a WHITE CHRISTMAS! First one here since the 40's. How cool is that. We got about 6 inches at our house.
The kids got a bunch of stuff that the dog has been enjoying as chew toys...because it is always on the floor. I guess if you have one less flag on your kung zhu battle arena or if Batman doesn't have a satellite anymore it's no big deal. But if I have to take my dog to the vet for ingesting a Barbie brush, we will have a problem.
So I got a very cool Christmas gift. I told you that my mom moved back to NH in November. She couldn't fit my dad's chair back into her car, so I talked her into letting me keep it. She wasn't happy, but I didn't want to take the chance of it breaking in her car or something. It's been at Tim's warehouse since she left. I asked Tim when he was going to bring it home and he said after Christmas since we didn't really have room with the tree in the living room.
So on Christmas we open all of our gifts and start cleaning up...then Tim tells me to cover my eyes and walk into the kitchen. When I opened my eyes I saw this:


How awesome is this? How awesome is my husband? He painted it and got me these sweet cushions for it. I cried like a girl and gave him back the title king of Christmas. (It's a thing between us that whoever does a better job at surprising the other at Christmas they are crowned King/Queen of Christmas. I was reigning champ for 2 years and I have now relinquished my title-at least for this year).
I also got some very nice black boots that I've been wanting for some time now.
The kids got some great stuff. Our friend bought them a trampoline. That was pretty cool. Santa managed to pulled some great stuff out of his magic bag too. Ironically, everything the kids asked him for came... Amber got her ripstick and will probably lose most of her permanent teeth because of it...thanks fat red guy. Also, Claire got her mp3 player, Noah got his Ninja Turtle wallet, and Nate got his Batman cave. Santa must be real because Claire also got 2 Nutcrackers in her stocking just like she wanted. Even though Santa knew nothing about it. Wow. So now every time I ask the kids where is the _______ I bought you?? I now get a look of sheer horror. "I thought Santa filled our stockings??" sob sob.
Me-"I just bought so much stuff I forgot what I bought and what Santa bought." LIE LIE LIE.
Hopefully they will grow up and forgive me. I will blame most of it on Tim and offer to pay for some counseling. At least I have a gameplan.
Happy New Year!

No comments: