Friday, May 13, 2011

Our very restful weekend

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! We did. I finally got my wheelbarrow (no, I'm not a total weirdo) that I have been wanting forever! The kids all bought me geraniums and we went out to eat. It was a great day. We just came home and had a fun day together (and no one else came over). It was amazing.

My hubby's camping with his brother this weekend and the kids and I are just hanging out. Having a restful, peaceful weekend. I've been working very late getting some painting done, mostly because I don't sleep well when I'm the only person responsible for the safety of the children. So I crash on the sofa around 2ish with my baseball bat, only to be woken around 6:30 by someone who has to use the bathroom. Because mom really needs to know every bodily function you have. even if the sun is not up yet. And I've only had about 4 hours of sleep. Yay. Pee. Back to bed please. thank you.

We had some new people move in down the street who allow their 3 year old to play outside. alone. Sometimes the 5 year old is babysitting. I think I figured out what's going on. When we bought our house, the agent neglected to tell us that it is highly recommended that you be as slack in your parenting as possible to live here. That must be it. I really can't think of any other possible explanation. At least another nice explanation. The alternative is just sad.


Ya, there it is. I also don't recommend going to bluntcard.com if your are faint-hearted. There are a lot of very blunt cards there.

Well, I hope that you all have a great weekend. I will try to sleep after I repaint my kitchen and watch hours of Criminal Minds and America's Most Wanted. At least I'll be prepared. haha.

Blessings!

No comments: