Saturday, September 20, 2008

Eight Days

IN one week and one day it will be the anniversary of my dad passing away.  It will make 8 years since he passed away.  I usually pass the day by acting like it didn't happen.  I don't say anything to anyone, especially my mom, and once it is gone, I breathe again. I really don't deal well with my grief.  I led a Bible Study on grief and I still am having a really hard time dealing with it. 

My dad and I were really close, if you look at my pics on my blog all the old time ones of him, you can tell.  I know that God does not want me to deal with it the way I do.  In my head it sounds really great to do it His way.  but then the day comes and everything that I have thought about doing or saying on that actual day are gone and I find my spirit in the fetal position crying and I can't stop it or reason with it.   I will be praying for God to really invade my sissy little spirit and hopefully this year I can actually get through the day without a breakdown.  

I'll let you know how it goes!

 

No comments: