Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Egypt Night

With Christmas closing in on us what better time to have an Egyptian Night right? Well, I was trying to finish up a unit on Egypt before Christmas so we wouldn't have a break in the middle. So last week we had an Egyptian night. Thanks to another blog I follow I got this really great idea to mummify Barbie dolls. In my mind, who deserves it more than Barbie, right? HAHA! Well, we mummified Barbies, dressed up, got out the eyeliner and danced to "Walk Like an Egyptian" by the Bangles. We watched Prince of Egypt and then spent 30 minutes trying to wash eyeliner off the girls eyes. We had a very fun night, and the kids always love having our theme nights. We have had an Indian night, a medieval night, and a cowboy night. Now we have this to add to our memories of school. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to home school and share these memories with my kids. Not to mention all the fun I get to have with them along the way. I did like mummifying Barbie, maybe a little too much!! Just Kidding.

No comments: