Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Week Back

So last week was our first week back into the swing of things. It was a hard few weeks before school with family and babysitting and vacation. We were so excited to get back into our school groove. We are by no means used to our new schedule...I can't remember what we do next! The kids are like what do I need to do now? And I get this blank look on my face like:"what is your name and what color are you supposed to be on my pretty chart??"
I divided my week into days (well, someone else really did that, apparently they named them too...genius!). I just drew them on my little (large!) chart. Then I proceeded to break the days into blocks, then divided those blocks in 4 more blocks, one for each child...I know.
I have already needed to make some changes. Claire couldn't read Famous Men of Rome alone. She needed help, and I am with the boys at that time so guess what Amber's job during that block...yep, read Famous Men of Rome to her sister! I just scratched it out of her block for Monday, slid it over to Tuesday and moved Claire's typing. How cool is that?

We've also changed Latin around twice. It is just so ridiculously amazing that we can do that. I mean nothing is in written that can't be undone with our schedule. If the whole thing were a complete flop, I could just write up another one! There is so much freedom in homeschooling my kids! Praise God for such an amazing opportunity!!!

No comments: