Wednesday, March 16, 2011

John 3:16 day

HI. I know I have been very slack lately and I do apologize. I really don't have much of an excuse this week. I have been consumed with the news of the tragedy in Japan. I find myself trying to watch the news constantly. Even in the midst of all the tragedy, there is news of a baby being found alive and reunited with her father. Praise God for the miracles!
I wish we lived in a perfect world where these things didn't happen. I know we don't and that it is completely unrealistic. I can't wait for Heaven. Living in this fallen world can wear us all down. We have to be Christ to this broken place. A friend of mine emailed me and asked for prayer for many friends suffering right now. On KLove's website I read about a woman who was celebrating 20 years of marriage with her husband. They would spend their anniversary together in the hospital because he is dying and this would be their last anniversary together on this side of Heaven.
Even though their is so much pain in the world, their is more reason to hope! When we feel like we are so heavily burdened with pain and hopelessness we need to remember one who suffered for us. We need to remember why He did what He did and that He changed everything. JESUS CHRIST: who was born with the sole purpose to suffer death on the Cross, to bear our sins and and on the 3rd day rise again to defeat death that we might live with Him eternally...FOREVER!! There is pain here, but even while enduring pain we can live in the hope and peace that Christ gives us! Today is 3/16. John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." That is hope my friends. And it's better than anything!!

No comments: