Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Quotes

I found some great quotes on father's to celebrate father's day today. The first two made me think of my dad. The second two were so true of what God intended for the family unit that I had to put them on here too. Father's day is a hard day for me since my dad passed away. I was his only child, so we were very close. I had my "bathroom crying time" before church. It helps, but when Tim calls his dad, it feels wierd that I can't.
Anyway, here are the quotes!

"It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was." -- Anne Sexton

"I watched a small man with thick calluses on both hands work fifteen and sixteen hours a day. I saw him once literally bleed from the bottoms of his feet, a man who came here uneducated, alone, unable to speak the language, who taught me all I needed to know about faith and hard work by the simple eloquence of his example." -- Mario Cuomo (true for me except that my dad was tall, not small)

"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection." -- Sigmund Freud

"Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!" -- Lydia M. Child

No comments: