Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Swimming

We went swimming this evening at a friends house. Amber was at a friends house playing, so it was just Claire, Noah, Nate, Tim and I. Claire loved swimming around the whole pool with a noodle or a float.
Noah on the other hand wouldn't leave the stairs. He had this fear and no matter who held him or how deep we were he would cry. He was fine on the steps. He could reach the bottom. He was comfortable.
I get comfortable sometimes too. I don't like to step out of my comfort zone. I want to stay where I know what is going to happen.
Is that right?
Is it Biblical?
NO and NO
I have learned to step out and do what Christ is calling me to do. It is sooo hard though.
Moving to NC when everyone and everything was against it. Homeschooling.
Changing churches.
Starting a Wednesday night group for women when I knew almost no one at church.
These are some of the hardest things I have ever done.
Getting over our fears is probably the one of the hardest things to do. Once we do it though, it is so freeing and amazing.
So get off the steps and swim in the pool!

No comments: