Monday, June 23, 2008

Fear

I haven't written in a while. I log on, click new post, then log off. The reason is very embarrasing actually. The only person who has read this blog didn't like it. I have not given out my blog for that very reason. Criticism is hard to swallow. I figured I would build up my blog before I gave it out. Now this isn't supposed to be some deep blog with insights straight from the mouth of God. It is a way for me to express things that happen to me and articulate a different view of them before I go insane. At least people will have this blog to say " Yep, I see when she lost it!".
But I have been letting fear of critism stop me from doing something I enjoy doing. Not that every time I write I won't hope and pray that the person lost my blog address!
I was telling Amber last Monday night after her skateboarding lesson that "God did not give us a spirit of fear, but power, love, and discipline." (I sounded so holy) because she is afraid to drop in on a small ramp. Yet here I am afraid to write on my own blog! That was a big taste of my own medicine. The Holy Spirit is great at doing that to me...often.
I am going to give my site to someone else now. Then maybe even another person. Everyone isn't always going to agree with me. Contrary to what my husband tells me, I am not always right. lol :) These are just my thoughts. I am not Phillip Yancey, Brennan Manning, or even Jesus for that matter(obviously). I am not a philosopher, a scholar, or a pastor (obviously). I am just a mom, a wife, and a follower of Jesus Christ. It is more than enough for me!

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

hey girl...I have been reading your blog and enjoy it! I don't know who criticized it, but that is just dumb. Keep talking girl! :)