Friday, July 25, 2008

Resume

The other day I was studying for our Weds. night ladies Bible study.  The subject was "How to lead like Jesus".  It talked about what the disciples resumes would look like when Jesus sent them out into the world to Preach the Gospel.  I kinda got inspired and decided to write up my resume for the position of Christian. 

Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed.  I wrote it in the time frame of my actual conversion.  So the day I accepted Christ's acceptance, what or who was I really.  That is the moment that you realize what you really are. ( Not the "good person" we thought we were.) Anyway, would Jesus really want a lying, thieving, alcoholic?  Someone who had taken His wonderful name in vain?  Someone who murdered someone in their hearts and mind? ( Jesus said that anyone who hates his brother is a murderer- 1 John 3:15) or even... gulp...a covetress?- Not sure that is a word, but you catch the drift.  

I was heartbroken.  How could I ever be used?  Well, Jesus is so amazing!  He didn't care.  I know my past is my past, but writing up that resume was pretty cool.  To know that all of that is forgotten forever!  I am so thankful for Jesus' Blood and how it made (and still makes) me new! 

No comments: