Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

Its spring. That means RAIN, RAIN, and more RAIN. Which means for me being in the house for the duration of the rain, because let's face it: no one wants to drag 4 kids in and out of the rain. Also, I have a dog. Rain stinks with a dog. Literally. I hae to take her out to potty and she gets wet and stinks. Not to mention having to wrestle the gentle leader on her to take her out. Otherwise she will pull me right along the wet grass to whatever destination she chooses. Not my idea of a fun afternoon, a drag through the grass (because I usually get knocked down in the process and end up covered in mud). Now doesn't that sound fun?

I know we NEED rain. It's spring, plants and animals need the water. Especially since it never rains in the summer here! But it does make me think of our lives too.

Sometimes we get spiritually rained on too. After I got saved I knew I was a sinner, but as time went on I really started to see specific things that I had done and was so upset by them. I felt like I was repenting for one thing after another. But those times of repenting and prayer helped me to grow too! I grew closer to God and to my husband. God used that time of rain to show me how amazing He really was. It gave me a new love for Him that I didn't have before. Obviously, I still sin and repent and draw close to Christ, but that initial experience was life-changing. So even though I don't enjoy being stuck in the house for days on end with a smelly dog, I still think about when I saw myself for who I really was and Christ for all that He is.

No comments: