Friday, April 3, 2009

School Changes

Our school is getting ready to go through some GIANT changes. I am totally feeling God tell me that I need to change our curriculum. That can be a scary thing. There is so much out there even trying to research to know what to buy at the conference is difficult. God is leading me to a more Charlotte Mason based education for my family. I know God waited for me to get my feet wet before throwing this one on me. I am a fairly structured person. I like to follow a lesson plan. I like even more that in KONOS my lesson plan is there and I don't have to worry about messing up my kids. With CM I am MUCH more responsible!! LOL. I am nervous though. I have been studying what she said about how children learn and I totally agree with her. I have been clinging to the verse "God did not give us a spirit of fear but PLD-power love and discipline." God wants me to change our schooling for a reason and He waited until I was prepared to do them. He won't ask anything of me He hasn't already equipped me to do. Now if I remember that in August!LOL!

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

I am excited for you!! I have heard awesome things about Charlotte Mason and her ways...would love to sit and chat with you about it!