Monday, October 18, 2010

Free time

Ok, so I have had a small amount of time on my hands in the last few days...ok, so I had free time during the day twice and once after 8 pm.
Anyway, here is what I did during that daylight free time. I decoupaged
this bookcase for my kitchen . I needed some extra storage for my bigger
kitchen gadgets. I love how it came out and that I now have room to put my pots and pans again without everything crashing out onto the floor every time I open my cabinets.

In my evening free time I pulled out my sewing machine and whipped up a few of these puppies. Cute little pillows made out of old sweaters. I made several for my bed, brown and off white (which I don't have pictures of yet since my camera was drowned in the ocean and these are from my phone. It is annoying to get them from my phone to my picasa web album to picasa to here. I will post pics of them when we get a new camera) but this one is Claire's. I made one for Amber's bed too.
It's multi-colored stripes. Now the boys want some so I'm going to head to the Dollar Tree to pick up sone $1 sweaters. I also use the sleeves for scarves which I originally learned on Dollar Tree Crafts blog. I love that blog. We are making bird feeders today for science that we saw on there last week...and the candy corn wreath too...I love that blog!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: