Monday, November 15, 2010

The wedding and Media Fast



Well, Saturday all 4 of my kids were in a wedding. We weren't too worried about the older 3 but we were so stressed about Nate. He's 3 and so extremely hyper. That may even be an understatement.:) He is so awesome. He makes us laugh so much. But when your son is standing on an altar while 2 people are getting married, the last thing you want is him trying to get a rouse from the audience. When he first got up there he was doing thumbs up to the groom's mom. It was adorable. During the first prayer he was holding his pillow sideways and bouncing it off of his face (of course he had his eyes closed, and that made it cuter for some reason).
Then he got down to ask me (I was in the front off to the side) to hold his pillow.
Then he went back up.
Then 2 minutes later he got down to ask for his pillow back and I could see where this was going. I didn't let him go back up this time. There was only about 3 minutes left of the wedding by this point so when our pastor announced them Nate got back up in his place to walk down with the wedding party. We went to the reception after more pictures. We ate and left. We were losing him quickly. He couldn't do it anymore. His tolerance for obedience was gone. I mean how much more could we ask of him?I was really surprised he made it through the entire ordeal really. We were at the church from 3 to 7. That's him being dressed in a suit, posing, holding the pillow, not getting dirty, being quiet (sometimes). He did amazing. The other kids did amazing too of course, but they are older and I knew they would be fine but with Nate, you never know what you're going to get.

Now, the second part of my title...the media fast. Our family is going to do a media fast this week. No internet, no tv, so I will not be posting for the rest of the week. Next Monday I will let you know how it went. I am excited to see how God will speak to us with all of our distractions turned off.

So until next week; Blessings to you all!

No comments: